This roasted apples and cauliflower with dill is a flavorful, sweet and savory side dish that works for weeknights and entertaining!
- 1 large cauliflower (2¼ pounds whole; 7 cups chopped)
- 1 large red onion
- 2 crisp tart apples (like Honey Crisp, Jonathon or Jonagold, Granny Smith, Gala, or Fuji)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (do not substitute dried)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets (watch the video below). Slice the onion. Core and chop the apples into bite-sized pieces, but leave the skins on. Coarsely chop the dill.
- Place the cauliflower, red onion, and apples into a large bowl and mix together with the olive oil, kosher salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chopped vegetables on the baking sheet, then roast for 40 minutes until the cauliflower is slightly browned, stirring twice during the baking time. Remove from the oven, stir in the dill, and place in a serving dish. Serve immediately.
Inspired by The Herbal Kitchen
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted apples, Thanksgiving cauliflower, Roasted vegetables, Vegan Recipes, Plant-Based Recipes, Side Dish, Roasted Cauliflower