These easy roasted carrots are the best way to make this healthy vegetable taste AMAZING! Bake them until tender with lemon wedges and fresh thyme.
- 2 pounds carrots (10 to 12 medium to large carrots)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh thyme sprigs, optional
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the carrots and slice them on the bias (as shown).
- In a large bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, thyme, and salt. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the carrots and stir to evenly coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the carrots in an even layer. Add lemon wedges and fresh thyme to the tray, on top of the carrots.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Stir and roast 15 to 20 minutes more (for 35 to 40 minutes total), depending on the thickness of the carrots. Taste and add a few more pinches salt and some fresh ground pepper. Serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted Carrots