Ricotta toast makes a deliciously easy breakfast, lunch or snack! Slather on ricotta, then top with sweet or savory toppings.
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese or Whipped Ricotta (see Step 1)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Slices of bread
- For the salmon toast: Smoked salmon, capers, red onion, fresh dill
- For the tomato toast: Ripe tomatoes, garlic salt, chives or green onion, olive oil
- For the avocado toast: Ripe avocado, radishes, garlic salt
- For the apple honey toast: Apple slices, honey, chopped pistachios, cinnamon
- Other ideas: Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, pears, cucumber, canned tuna, canned salmon, prosciutto, hard boiled eggs, fresh herbs, pickled vegetables, etc.
- Stir together the ricotta with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and several grinds of fresh ground pepper; taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Or, make the Whipped Ricotta: place 16 ounces whole milk ricotta, 3 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl and whisk with a whisk for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Toast the bread.
- Salmon toast: Spread the ricotta on the toast. Top with smoked salmon, drained capers, sliced red onion and fresh dill sprigs. Add 1 grind fresh black pepper.
- Tomato toast: Spread the ricotta on the toast. Top the toast with the sliced tomatoes, chopped chives or green onion, drizzle of olive oil, a small pinch salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Avocado toast: Spread ricotta on the toast. Top the toast with sliced radishes, drizzle of olive oil, and a small pinch salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Apple honey toast: Spread ricotta on the toast. Add apple slices, a drizzle of honey, chopped pistachios, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Category: Breakfast or Lunch
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Ricotta toast