Here’s an easy miso ramen recipe you can make in just 30 minutes! It’s full of savory umami and topped with a jammy soft boiled egg.
- 4 eggs*
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 8 ounces baby bella (cremini) mushrooms
- 1 cup Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces dry ramen noodles
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons miso paste, divided
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional, for creamy broth)
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Soft boil the eggs:* Go to Soft Boiled Eggs or Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs.
- Prep the veggies: Slice the onion. Slice the mushrooms. Thinly slice the cabbage. Thinly slice the green onions. Thinly slice the garlic. Slice carrots into matchsticks.
- Cook the noodles (while you make the broth): Heat large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles to al dente. Drain and set aside. If necessary, refresh the noodles under some hot tap water before serving.
- Make the broth: In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the sesame oil and the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until just browned, stirring constantly. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, 3 tablespoons miso paste and mirin and cook for about 10 minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Add the soy sauce, coconut milk (for creamy broth), green onions, cabbage, spinach and cook until the spinach is just wilted, about 1 minute. Taste and add about 1 tablespoon more miso paste to taste.
- Serve: To serve, place the noodles into four bowls. Top with broth, eggs, and vegetables. Store leftovers with the broth and noodles in separate containers (to avoid the noodles soaking up all of the broth).
*For a plant-based version, go to Tofu Ramen.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Ramen
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Ramen Ideas