Looking for a 15-minute meal to curb that hangry edge? Try this quick garlicky shrimp couscous, which comes together in a flash.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (thawed, if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a medium pot, bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil. Add couscous and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. When done, stir in olive oil, the juice from 1 lemon and another 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Taste, and add additional olive oil and lemon to taste.
- Mince the garlic. Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, then add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Increase the heat to medium high and add the shrimp, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Cook until the shrimp are opaque, about 3 minutes, turning once.
- Serve the shrimp over couscous garnished with chopped parsley.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: shrimp couscous, healthy seafood recipe, easy dinner recipe