Pumpkin waffles are perfect for fall! They’re lightly spiced and made with real pumpkin puree for a cozy special breakfast.
- Preheat the waffle iron to the high heat setting.
- In a medium bowl, mix the all purpose flour, baking powder, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and kosher salt until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, milk, and neutral oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk vigorously until the batter is mostly smooth.
- Lightly brush oil onto the waffle maker. Immediately, add the batter (1 1/4 cups for a Belgian waffle maker and a little over 1/2 cup for a standard waffle maker) into the center of the waffle iron, then cook according to the waffle iron’s instructions. Remove the cooked waffles and place them on a baking sheet without stacking. Make the waffles to order, or place cooked waffles in a 250°F oven to keep warm.
- Cooked waffles can be frozen; place them in a plastic bag and remove the remaining air with a straw before sealing. To reheat, remove from the freezer and lightly toast in a toaster.
*Or substitute 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffles
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pumpkin waffles, fall breakfast idea, pumpkin waffle recipe