This Pumpkin Spice Latte is real thing: and better than Starbucks! Cozy pumpkin spices and real pumpkin make this iconic drink.
- 2 espresso shots (2 ounces or 1/4 cup, or substitute strong coffee)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 ounces (½ cup) fresh whole milk* (double for two servings when steaming)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (double for two servings when steaming)
- Make the espresso: Make the espresso using an espresso machine, manual espresso maker, French press, or Moka Pot. Go to How to Make Espresso for instructions.
- Mix the espresso: Use a spoon to mix the espresso with the pumpkin puree and maple syrup, stirring until the pumpkin is completely dissolved.
- Steam or froth the milk and pumpkin spices (double batch): Combine the milk and the pumpkin pie spice. Steam the milk with an espresso machine, or heat and then froth the milk using your method of choice (milk frother, French press, whisk or covered jar). It’s easiest to steam or froth 1 cup of milk for 2 drinks. Go to How to Steam Milk or How to Froth Milk for details on each.
- Serve: Pour the spiced milk into the center of the espresso, ending with light foam (using half the steamed or frothed milk for 1 drink). If desired, garnish with extra pumpkin spices.
*Whole milk works best; milk that is a few weeks old may not froth. You can also use oat milk for a vegan latte. The milk frother works well; for the French press pump vigorously until frothy, about 25 times. Do not overwhip, as the foam will deflate!
- Category: Drink
- Method: Espresso
- Cuisine: Coffee
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin spice latte recipe, how to make pumpkin spice latte