This pomegranate margarita recipe is perfection! Sweet tart pomegranate juice makes cocktail magic with tequila and lime.
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) 100% pomegranate juice (purchased or fresh squeezed)*
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) tequila blanco or reposado**
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) lime
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) simple syrup or maple syrup
- Kosher salt or Himalayan pink salt, for the rim (optional)
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice)
- For the garnish: pomegranate seeds, orange wedge or lime wedge
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of salt (or for a festive look, use Margarita Salt).
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. Shake until cold. Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with ice, garnish with pomegranate seeds and an orange wedge or lime wedge.
*If all you can find is sweetened pomegranate juice, use half the simple syrup quantity (or add to taste).
**To make a pitcher of 8 servings, mix together in a pitcher: 1 1/2 cups tequila, 1 1/2 cups 100% unsweetened pomegranate juice, 1 cup Cointreau, 1/2 cup lime juice, and 1/2 cup simple syrup. Add three handfuls of ice and stir until cold. Pour into individual glasses.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Pomegranate margarita