This homemade pita chips recipe tastes better than store-bought! They’re easy and come out delightfully salty and crisp.
- 3 pita pocket breads*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut each pita pocket into two single rounds: it’s easiest to do this by cutting with kitchen shears around the edge of the pita.
- Brush each pita with olive oil on both sides. Then cut each circle into 8 wedges using a pizza cutter or kitchen shears. Place the chips in an even layer across two baking sheets (bare and unlined). Sprinkle the chips with fine sea salt, split between the trays.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the trays halfway for even browning. If they’re still not brown at 10 minutes, you can bake a minute or two more: just be careful as they can darken quickly. The exact bake time will depend on the pita brand and your oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before enjoying. Cool at least 20 minutes before placing in an airtight container for storage. Stores 1 to 2 weeks at room temperature.
*We recommend using pita pockets because cutting it in half makes thinner crisps. Avoid the type of pita bread is thick and single-layered.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Pita chips, homemade pita chips, pita chip recipe