This pineapple salsa recipe is easy and is a burst of tropical, fresh flavor! Eat with chips or spoon over grilled fish.
- 2 cups finely diced fresh pineapple (about 1/2 medium fresh pineapple)*
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper or diced tomato
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pinches sugar (optional based on ripeness)
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Finely dice the pineapple, following How to Cut a Pineapple. Dice the red pepper and red onion. Chop the cilantro.
- Remove the stem, seeds, and ribs of the jalapeño pepper and mince half of the pepper. For a spicier variation, add the seeds and/or the other half of the pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together, then add the lime juice and kosher salt. Taste and add a few pinches sugar if desired to bring out the flavor of the pineapple (depending on the ripeness of the fruit). Serve immediately with chips, or wait 5 minutes to let the flavors meld. Also serve over grilled fish, or with shrimp or chicken.
*Double these quantities for a party-sized salsa (and allow ample time for chopping!). Press the 2x button for an easy way to double the ingredients.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Mexican inspired
Keywords: Pineapple salsa, pineapple salsa recipe