This pineapple rum cocktail is a stunning mixed drink with a tropical flair! Use any type of rum you have (even pineapple rum).
- 6 large leaves mint
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 ounces golden (aged), dark, white, or pineapple rum*
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/4 ounce Maraschino liqueur
- 2 shakes orange bitters (optional but recommended)
- For the garnish: Mint, lime wedges, and/or pineapple slice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint with the sugar and lime wedges.
- Add the rum, pineapple juice and Maraschino liqueur to the cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice and shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into a glass. Shake on the bitters if desired. Garnish with mint, a lime wedge and a pineapple slice.
*You can use whatever rum you have on hand! The best flavor is with golden (aged) rum or pineapple rum. If you’re using white rum, we suggest using the bitters to add more complexity to the drink.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Pineapple rum cocktail