This tip for how long to boil an egg for hard boiled eggs works every time, and results in easy to peel eggs.
- 12 large eggs (older eggs peel better than fresh)
- Place 12 eggs in the bottom of a large pot and and cover with water 1 inch above the eggs.
- Bring the water to a boil, gently stirring the eggs several times.
- As soon as the water boils, remove the pot from the heat, cover, and let the eggs sit for 15 minutes (13 minutes for small eggs or 17 minutes extra large eggs). Prepare a bowl of ice water.
- After 15 minutes, place the eggs in the ice water and allow them to cool completely (about 15 minutes). Peel immediately, or store in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to hard boil eggs, hard-boiled egg recipe, how to boil eggs, time, timing, long, how, to, eggs, cook, hard, boil, boiled, you