The Penicillin cocktail is a modern classic! Featuring Scotch with the flavors of honey, lemon and ginger, it’s got a unique, high-end vibe.
- 4 thin slices of ginger, peeled and about 3/4 inch round
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) blended scotch
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) honey syrup
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) single malt scotch
- Ice, for serving (use clear ice!)
- Garnish: candied ginger or ginger root, lemon peel
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle (gently mash) the ginger with a muddler or wooden spoon until it is mashed and juices are released, about 15 seconds.
- To the cocktail shaker, add the blended scotch, lemon juice and honey syrup with a handful of ice. Shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into a lowball glass with one large ice cube.
- Carefully pour the single malt scotch over the back of a spoon just above the surface of the drink, creating a layer on top. Garnish with candied ginger, ginger root or lemon peel and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Penicillin Cocktail