- 2 cups raw pecans (salted or unsalted)*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted nuts)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the nuts out onto a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, until fragrant and toasted. Allow to cool for a minute or two on the tray.
- Immediately add the nuts to food processor while they’re warm and process for about 3 to 4 minutes.** You’ll see them start out crumbly, then get gradually creamier and creamier.
- Add vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Scrape down the bowl and process again for about 1 minute. Taste and add additional salt as necessary.
- Transfer the cashew butter to a jar. Store in refrigerated for 1 to 2 months.
*Doubles easily, so feel free to do 4 cups to make a large-sized pecan butter jar.
**If after several minutes of processing the nuts are very dry and crumbly and not becoming creamy, you can add up to 1 tablespoon of neutral oil like grapeseed or canola while processing. We’ve never needed to do this with pecans, but it’s sometimes helpful with other types of nuts. The exact timing depends on the age of the nuts.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pecan butter