This pan fried cod is the best white fish you’ll have! Flavored simply with spices and olive oil, it’s healthy, stunning and irresistible all at once.
- 1 1/2 pounds cod (4 fillets)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (also called pimentón)*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil, for dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Finely chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, celery seed, and kosher salt. Pat the cod dry and sprinkle all sides with the seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the butter and olive oil. When butter is melted, add the cod and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the cod and pour the lemon juice over the fish. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes until the cod is tender and starts to flake when you prick it with a fork (adjust based on the thickness of the fillets). Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve immediately, drizzled with the juices from the pan.
*If you can’t find it, you can use sweet paprika. But smoked paprika brings the best flavor with a hint of smokiness.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Pan fried cod