Here’s how to make a mudslide: the real way! This mudslide recipe makes the classic drink starring vodka, Kahlua and Irish cream.
- 1 ounce* vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur (like Kahlua)
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish cream (like Baileys)
- 1 1/2 ounces heavy cream (or 2 scoops vanilla ice cream and 1/2 cup ice*)
- For the garnish: Shaved chocolate (optional), chocolate sauce for the rim (optional)
- Classic Mudslide: If desired, spread the chocolate sauce on a plate and carefully dip in the cocktail glass rim. Place the vodka, coffee liqueur, Irish cream, and heavy cream in a cocktail shaker. Add 2 handfuls of ice and shake until cold. Strain the drink into a cocktail glass. Garnish with shaved chocolate if desired.
- Frozen Mudslide: Place the vodka, coffee liqueur, Irish cream, vanilla ice cream and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a tall glass.
*1 ounce = 2 tablespoons
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Mudslide, Mudslide recipe, Mudslide drink, How to make a mudslide