- 1 doubleshot espresso (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 4 ounces (½ cup) fresh whole milk* (double for two servings when steaming)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- Make the espresso: Make the espresso using an espresso machine, manual espresso maker, French press, or Moka Pot. Go to How to Make Espresso for instructions. Place the chocolate chips into the mug and pour the espresso on top.
- Steam or froth the milk and chocolate syrup (double batch): Add the chocolate syrup to the milk. Steam the milk with an espresso machine, or heat and then froth the milk using your method of choice (milk frother, French press, whisk or covered jar). It’s easiest to steam or froth 1 cup of milk for 2 drinks, so use 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup. Go to How to Steam Milk or How to Froth Milk for details on each.
- Serve: Swirl the milk container a few times. Pour milk and foam into center of the chocolaty espresso. If desired, top with chocolate shavings for garnish.
*Fresh whole milk works best; milk that is a few weeks old may not froth. Oat milk works best for a vegan mocha cappuccino.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Espresso
- Cuisine: Coffee
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Mocha cappuccino