The Michelada is a spicy Mexican beer cocktail made with tomato juice, lime, and hot sauce! Light and refreshing, it’s got a salty, spiced rim.
- 12-ounce Mexican lager beer
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) lime juice
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) salsa juice (strained from a jar of salsa) or tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (like Cholula)
- For the rim: 1 tablespoon Old Bay (purchased or homemade), 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice!)
- On a plate, mix the Old Bay, chili powder and celery salt and spread it into an even layer. Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of seasonings.
- In the glass, stir together the lime juice, salsa juice (use a fine-mesh strainer to strain out salsa juice from a few spoonfuls of salsa), Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Fill the glass with ice. Top with the beer and stir gently.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails