These Mexican pinwheels are a quick and easy lunch recipe, they’re colorful and full of healthy veggies. Dip in salsa for the win!
- 1 organic green onion
- 1/2 organic red pepper and 1/2 orange pepper (or 1 red pepper)
- 1/2 cup organic black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup Simply Nature Organic Classic Hummus
- 1/2 cup organic baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 2 large L’oven Fresh Spinach Wraps (or gluten-free wrap of your choosing)
- 1/2 cup Simply Nature Organic Salsa, for serving (optional)
- Thinly slice the green onion, red pepper and orange pepper. In a small bowl, mix the black beans and sliced vegetables with chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and kosher salt.
- Spread hummus in a thin layer with 1/4” around the edge of each tortilla. Place half of the spinach in a layer in the middle of each tortilla. Place the peppers in a line on one side, and the black beans in a line on the other side (see the photo). Sprinkle half of the cheese on each tortilla.
- Tightly roll up the tortilla, keeping it as tight as possible and rolling smoothly at the end (don’t worry if a little bit falls out!). Slice off the ends and either eat or discard; then slice the remainder into 8 pieces. Serve immediately with salsa (optional) or refrigerate until serving. They’re perfect for lunches.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: Mexican Pinwheel, Pinwheel Recipe