Here’s an easy finger food recipe: stuffed Mejool dates! They’re quick to make, and the sweet and savory combo keeps everyone coming back for more.
- 24 Medjool dates
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese* (helpful if it’s come to room temperature**)
- 3 tablespoons pistachios
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Optional: honey
- Use a knife to make a lengthwise slit into the dates, then remove the pits. Use a spoon to fill them with goat cheese.
- Crush the pistachios with a rolling pin.
- Top each with a tiny sprinkle of black pepper, sea salt and the tiniest bit of smoked paprika (just a tiny sprinkle has big flavor). Sprinkle on pistachio dust. If desired, add the tiniest drizzle of honey (again, use a small amount to heighten the flavor; too much and it overwhelms).
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 date
Keywords: Medjool dates recipes