Here’s an easy finger food recipe: stuffed Mejool dates! They’re quick to make, and the sweet and savory combo keeps everyone coming back for more.
- 24 Medjool dates
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese* (helpful if it’s come to room temperature**)
- 3 tablespoons pistachios
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Optional: honey
- Use a knife to make a lengthwise slit into the dates, then remove the pits. Use a spoon to fill them with goat cheese.
- Crush the pistachios with a rolling pin.
- Top each with a tiny sprinkle of black pepper, sea salt and the tiniest bit of smoked paprika (just a tiny sprinkle has big flavor). Sprinkle on pistachio dust. If desired, add the tiniest drizzle of honey (again, use a small amount to heighten the flavor; too much and it overwhelms).
**The goat cheese is easier to work with at room temperature. If you don’t have time to set it out, just use your hands to mash it around in the package a little bit so it becomes softer.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 date
Keywords: Medjool dates recipes