This Mediterranean pasta salad recipe is bursting with fresh flavor! Mix up a batch as an easy side dish or quick lunch.
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons (2 cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 handful thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups baby arugula (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles (omit for vegan and add more salt)
- Start a large pot of well-salted water to boil. Boil the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and run cool water over it until it’s room temperature.
- Meanwhile, slice the cucumber and tomatoes, chop the sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts, and slice the onion.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, and kosher salt. Then whisk in the olive oil.
- Once the pasta is done, add it to the large bowl of dressing and toss with the chopped vegetables. Add the feta cheese and fresh ground black pepper and stir to combine.
- Taste and add more salt to taste if necessary. Serve immediately. Stores up to 5 days refrigerated (leftovers taste great; allow to come to room temperature and add a swirl more olive oil or a bit more salt as necessary).
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Pasta Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Mediterranean pasta salad