These maple vegan blondies are a fully plant-based dessert baked with applesauce and coconut oil, then drizzled with pure maple cream.
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup organic light brown brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Roxbury Mountain Maple organic maple cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the coconut oil. In a large bowl, mix the warm coconut oil and peanut butter, then stir in the sugar until it melts. Add the applesauce, vanilla and salt (if the coconut oil seizes up and becomes chunky, you can place the bowl in the oven for a moment to remelt it if it is oven safe, or microwave for a few seconds until it is smooth again). Brush a 9 x 9 pan with the remaining coconut oil.
- Add the baking powder and flour and mix it all together until a sticky dough forms. Stir in the macadamia nuts.
- Place the dough in the pan and spread evenly with a spatula (the dough will be very dense). Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- For the topping: In a glass measuring cup, gently heat maple cream in the microwave for about 10 seconds or so until melted, then drizzle it onto the top of the blondies. Refrigerate for a few minutes until hardened, then cut into pieces and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Blondies, Blondies, How to Make Blondies, Maple Blondies, Vegan Desserts