Wondering how to make nachos on a grill? These Loaded Grilled Nachos take summer grilling to a new level with the best vegetarian nacho toppings!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans
- 1/2 cup Private Selection Salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 ounces Mission Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 large green onion, thinly sliced
- Sour cream (or Vegan Sour Cream), for garnish
- Guacamole, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Heat a grill to medium heat.
- Prep the veggies: Cut the bell pepper in half, top-to-bottom, and remove seeds and pith. Cut the stem off the jalapeños and use a paring knife to carefully remove seeds, leaving peppers whole. Cut the onion into quarters top-to-bottom, leaving the bottom root attached the pieces stay together on the grill. Place the peppers and onion into a bowl, then drizzle them lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Grill the veggies: Place the peppers and onion directly onto the grate and grill for 6 to 10 minutes until charred and slightly tender, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill and use for topping the nachos (below).
- Make the beans: Drain the pinto beans and add them to a small bowl with the salsa, olive oil, garlic powder, and kosher salt. Mash with a fork until all beans are mashed and the texture is similar to chunky refried beans.
- Assemble and grill the nachos: Place the tortilla chips into a medium cast-iron skillet or grillable pan. Top the chips with the beans, then cheese, and then the grilled veggies. Place the skillet on the grill until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Load the nachos: Chop the cilantro. Top the finished nachos with sliced green onions, sour cream, guacamole, and cilantro.
If you don’t have a grill, you can make these loaded nachos under the broiler as well. The timing and preparation will be the exact same.
- Category: Main Dish, Appetizer, Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Mexican, Nachos, Grilled Nachos, Grilling Recipe, Vegetarian Grill