Mix and match baked potato toppings for the best easy dinner: a Loaded Baked Potato! It’s customizable to any diet and eater.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups purchased pico de gallo
- 15-ounce can black beans
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup canned corn (or thawed frozen)
- 1 cup guacamole
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Sour cream (or cashew cream)
- Other topping ideas:
- Classic: Sour cream, high quality cheddar, chives, optional bacon
- Lox: Smoked salmon, chives, cream cheese
- Chili: Chili, cheddar cheese, green onion, sour cream
- Broccoli Cheddar: Sauteed broccoli, sour cream, cheddar cheese or Vegan Queso
- Nacho: Vegan Taco Meat or taco meat, canned refried beans, cheddar cheese or Vegan Nacho Cheese, salsa, sliced green onions, chopped lettuce, pickled jalapenos, crushed tortilla chips
- Ranch: Sauteed Vegetables, Homemade Ranch Dressing, chickpeas or shredded chicken, chopped chives
- Fajita: Fajita veggies, refried beans or pinto beans, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. (Alternatively, you can use our Quick Baked Potato or Baked Sweet Potato methods.)
- Bake the potatoes: Scrub the potatoes and pierce them all over with a fork. Rub each potato with olive oil. Place the potatoes directly on oven rack (with a tray on rack below to catch any dripping oil). Bake 20 minutes and flip with tongs. Bake additional 25 minutes and check for tenderness with a fork. The fork should easily pierce the potato to the center. If not tender, continue baking, up to 15 minutes more depending on size of the potato.
- Prep the toppings: Meanwhile, drain and rinse the black beans and mix them with the kosher salt. Drain or thaw the corn. Chop the cilantro. Or follow the notes above for other topping ideas!
- Serve: When the potatoes are done, open the tops with a fork and top with the pico de gallo, seasoned black beans, corn, guacamole, cheddar cheese, cilantro and sour cream. Or follow the notes above of your choosing. Enjoy!
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Loaded baked potato, Baked potato toppings