- 1 1/2 cups dry brown lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes (5 ounces)
- 1 cup finely diced English cucumber (1/2 cucumber)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), roughly chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula (or chopped spinach)
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp neutral oil (grapeseed, vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, to garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, simmer the lentils with the broth and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain them into a colander, then let them sit for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and sundried tomatoes as noted above.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, neutral oil, granulated sugar, Dijon mustard, oregano, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- When the lentils are cooled, mix them in a large bowl with the dressing and the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, sundried tomatoes, and arugula. If desired, add the feta cheese (if serving without feta, taste and add a few pinches of salt if necessary). Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Lentil salad, lentil salad recipe