Here’s the best lemon drop martini you’ll have! It’s zesty and refreshing, with a lemon twist and sugar rim.
- 1 1/2 ounces* citron vodka or vodka
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup (or maple syrup**)
- Superfine sugar, for the rim (or substitute granulated)
- For the garnish: Lemon twist
- Cut a notch in a lemon wedge, then run the lemon around the rim of a martini glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of superfine sugar.
- Make the lemon twist garnish.
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, fill it with ice, and shake until cold.
- Strain the liquid into the glass with the sugared rim. Garnish with the lemon twist.
*To convert to tablespoons, 1 ounce = 2 tablespoons
**To achieve a yellow color for this drink, use maple syrup as the sweetener or use citron vodka. With simple syrup and standard vodka, the drink is clear in color.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Lemon Drop Martini