These Instant Pot tacos are almost totally hands off, making dinnertime easy! They’re colorful, irresistibly tasty, and please everyone at the table.
- 4 cups Instant Pot Smoky Lentils and Rice recipe (that recipe makes 10 cups total)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, multi-colored if desired
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup salsa, a high quality brand or Salsa Fresca
- 1/2 cup feta crumbles (omit for vegan)
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Other ideas for sauces: Cilantro drizzle (vegan), Chipotle cashew cream (vegan), Avocado cream, Vegan Sour Cream, or Sour Cream
- Make the Instant Pot Smoky Lentils and Rice recipe (takes about 40 minutes).
- Meanwhile, chop the cherry tomatoes and lettuce. Thinly slice the red onion.
- Warm the tortillas*, or char them by placing a tortilla on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until slightly blackened and warm.
- To assemble each taco, load the tortilla with smoky lentils, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa, feta crumbles, and torn cilantro leaves. Feel free to customize with any other toppings you like!
*See How to Warm Tortillas for more!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Instant Pot, Instant Pot Recipes, Pressure Cooker, Pressure Cooker Recipes, Lentils and Rice, How to Cook Lentils, Pressure Cooking, Tacos, Mexican, Vegan Mexican, Instant Pot Tacos, Pressure Cooker Tacos, Healthy, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free