Here’s a weeknight dinner hack: Instant Pot salmon! Throw in frozen salmon fillets and in 10 minutes, out comes dinner.
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon
- 2 to 4 salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick*
- Add the water to the bowl of the Instant Pot. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon into water.
- Add the Instant Pot trivet. Place the salmon fillets on the trivet.
- Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes (frozen) or 3 minutes (fresh): Press the Pressure Cook button, making sure the “High Pressure” setting is selected, and set the time. Note that it takes about 5 minutes for the pot to “preheat” and come up to pressure before it starts cooking. (During cooking, avoid touching the metal part of the lid.)
- Quick release: Vent the remaining steam from the Instant Pot by moving the pressure release handle to “Venting”, covering your hand with a towel or hot pad. Never put your hands or face near the vent when releasing steam. Open the pressure cooker lid.
- Add the final flavorings: Generously season with salt and pepper. Spritz with lemon juice, or add one of the following sauces: Cilantro Dressing, Chimichurri, Lemon Dill Sauce, or Caper Butter.
*Thicker fillets will need a few minutes longer cook time.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Salmon
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Instant Pot Salmon