Here’s how to cook perfect Instant Pot quinoa! Cooking quinoa in a pressure cooker works every time, and it’s a convenient hands off method.
- Use a strainer to rinse the quinoa under cold water, then shake off as much water as possible.
- Add the quinoa, vegetable broth, and salt to the Instant Pot. Lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Place the pressure release handle (vent) in the “Sealing” position.
- Cook on high pressure 3 minutes: Press the Pressure Cook button, making sure the “High Pressure” setting is selected, and set the time. Note that it takes about 5 minutes for the pot to “preheat” and come up to pressure before it starts cooking. (During cooking, avoid touching the metal part of the lid.)
- Natural release for 8 minutes: After the Instant Pot beeps, set a timer and wait for 8 minutes to let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure. Then vent any remaining steam by moving the vent to “Venting”, covering your hand with a towel or hot pad. Never put your hands or face near the vent when releasing steam. (The pressure indicator in the lid may drop on its own during this time, meaning that there is no remaining steam in the pot.)
- Open the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Quinoa, Instant Pot Quinoa, Quinoa Pressure Cooker, Quinoa Instant Pot, How to cook quinoa in an Instant Pot, Vegan Instant Pot Recipes, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Healthy