Here’s how to cook spaghetti squash: the two best ways! Roast it in the oven until tender, or use a pressure cooker to make it fast and easy. Go to Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2–3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Using a small sharp paring knife, cut the spaghetti squash around the middle width-wise (not lengthwise!). To cut, pierce the knife into the squash and swing down, making small slices around the squash until it breaks in half. Use the knife to cut around the seeds, and then scoop them out with a spoon.
- Rub inside with the olive oil. Place the halves on baking sheet cut side up, and roast 40 to 55 minutes (depending on the size and freshness of the squash), until tender all the way through when pierced with a fork.
- Allow the squash to cool slightly, then use a fork to scrape out the squash into “spaghetti” strands. Place the noodles in a colander or strainer and rest for 10 minutes to remove any extra moisture.
- Season with salt and pepper, or use in our Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti or Pesto Spaghetti Squash.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Plant based
Keywords: How to cook spaghetti squash