Wondering how to cook shrimp? Here’s a quick tutorial on how to saute shrimp on the stove: and it takes only 4 minutes to cook!
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 lemon wedges (or lime)
- Torn cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- Thaw the shrimp (see the notes above).
- Mince the garlic.
- Pat the shrimp dry. In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the garlic and salt.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter or olive oil on medium high heat. Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side until opaque and cooked through, turning them with tongs.
- Spritz with juice of the lemon wedges and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: How to cook shrimp, How to cook shrimp on the stove