This honey garlic shrimp is so irresistible, you’ll want to eat it every night! A sweet savory glaze covers succulent shrimp, and it’s done in 10 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium or large shrimp, deveined (tail on or peeled)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Thaw the shrimp, if using frozen.
- Mince the garlic. Pat the shrimp dry. Stir it together with the minced garlic, onion powder and kosher salt.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and cornstarch in a small bowl, mixing until mostly smooth (a few small lumps are ok).
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil on medium high heat. Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side until opaque and cooked through, turning them with tongs.
- Turn off the heat and remove the shrimp. Add the glaze to the pan and stir until thickened, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Once thickened, stir the shrimp back into the sauce and serve.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Honey garlic shrimp