You know how banana bread is just an excuse to eat cake? Here’s a healthy banana bread recipe that’s actually healthy: and tastes good, too!
- 2 cups mashed very ripe, nearly black bananas (about 4 large or 6 small)
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg white (or 2 flax eggs, for vegan)
- 6 tablespoons neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable or grapeseed)
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups rolled oats, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Use neutral oil or coconut oil to grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas and measure out 2 cups.
- In a large blender, blend the bananas, eggs and egg white, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and kosher salt until combined. Then add the oats and blend again until a very smooth dough forms (if you’re using a regular sized blender, you may need to blend 1 cup at a time; our Vitamix is very large and could handle it all at once).
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the entire top of the bread with a single layer of oats; use your hands to gently press them down.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let the bread sit in the pan 10 minutes, then run a knife around it and remove from the pan onto a wire rack to cool. Store refrigerated wrapped in aluminum foil or in an airtight container for up to 1 week (we actually like it best cold).
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy Banana Bread, Easy healthy banana bread, How to make healthy banana bread, Oatmeal banana bread, Blender banana bread