Here’s how to make the absolute best grilled salmon! It’s perfectly tender and flavored with a magic seasoning blend that takes it to new heights. Or, try our Marinated Grilled Salmon with a quick marinade.
- 4 4-ounce salmon fillets, skin on (wild caught if possible)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Seafood Seasoning*
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees).
- Brine the salmon (or go to Marinated Salmon to marinade instead): While the grill preheats, in a shallow dish mix together 4 cups room temperature water and 3 tablespoons kosher salt. Place the salmon in the water and wait for 15 minutes (this should be about the time it takes to preheat).
- Pat the salmon dry with a clean towel. Rub it generously with oil and sprinkle it with the kosher salt and seasoning blend (or simply salt and pepper).
- Grill the salmon skin side up for 3 to 5 minutes (where the flames aren’t directly touching the fish), until grill marks appear and it releases from the grates. Flip and cook another 2 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon, until flaky and just pink at the thickest portion and the internal temperature is 125 to 130 degrees. (Salmon varies in thickness, so the cook time is different based on each piece of fish.) Allow to rest for a few minutes, then serve.
*We highly recommend making this homemade seafood seasoning! To make a quick version just for the salmon, mix 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon cumin.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Diet: Low Calorie
Keywords: Grilled Salmon