Here’s how to make perfectly grilled eggplant! These tricks make it come out tender every time. Top with sauce as a summer side dish or appetizer.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Directly before grilling (not in advance), slice the eggplant into thin rounds about 1/2” thick (size is important!). Place the slices on a baking sheet and rub both sides with the olive oil. Don’t do this step in advance: the eggplant soaks up lots of the olive oil, so make sure to do it right before grilling.
- Place the eggplant directly on the grill grates and grill for about 4 to 5 minutes per side (8 to 10 minutes total), until charred and tender.
- Remove from the grill and season generously with kosher salt to taste, until the flavor pops. Serve topped with salsa fresca or pico de gallo and/or white BBQ sauce.
- Category: Side Dish / Appetizer
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Grilled eggplant, How to grill eggplant