Here’s how to make grilled cabbage wedges! Char them to perfection, then drizzle with a tangy balsamic sauce for a tasty, healthy side dish.
- 1 small green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (and fresh ground pepper)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the cabbage. Cut it into 8 wedges (or more if the cabbage is large), leaving the stem intact.
- Place the wedges on a baking sheet. Rub both sides with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle on 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh ground pepper on one side of the wedges, then flip them and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt on the other side.
- Place the cabbage directly on the grill grates. Grill 5 to 6 minutes per side (10 to 12 minutes total) until softened, turning once.
- In a small bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, honey or maple syrup, and onion powder. Drizzle the mixture over the wedges and serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: Grilled cabbage, How to grill cabbage