This green bean salad recipe is packed with flavor, starring tomatoes, feta and a zingy dressing. Ideal as a side or for summer potlucks!
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula*
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces feta cheese (or 3/4 cup crumbles; omit for vegan)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Trim the green beans by snapping or chopping off the stem ends.
- Blanch the beans: Add the beans to the boiling water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until just tender but still bright green (taste to assess doneness; for haricot verts or French green beans, cook them 3 to 4 minutes). Right when the beans are tender, remove them from the boiling water with tongs and transfer them to the bowl of ice water. After 2 minutes, remove the beans to a colander to drain.
- Prep the dressing: Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk together the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic powder, and olive oil.
- Prep the fresh ingredients: Slice the cherry tomatoes and shallot.
- Serve: Pat the blanched green beans dry. In a large bowl or serving dish, add the beans, dressing, cherry tomatoes, shallot, arugula, salt, and feta cheese crumbles. Taste and adjust the salt as desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Stores refrigerated up to 3 to 4 days.
*Make sure it is baby arugula, sold in boxes or bags. Don’t substitute the standard arugula sold in a bunch: the flavor is too strong for this salad (if you can’t find baby arugula, omit it).
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Blanched
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Green bean salad, green bean salad recipe