It’s possible, and darn good, too. Here’s how to make French press espresso! It makes great tasting espresso, no fancy machine required.
- 36 grams (1/2 cup beans) espresso roast coffee, medium fine ground
- 205 mL/grams hot water (3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- Grind the coffee to a medium fine grounds. Heat the water to hot but not boiling (200 to 205°F).
- Add the espresso coffee to the French press. Top with the hot water and stir.
- Set a timer and wait 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, place the lid on the French press and slowly press the plunger all the way down. Pour into two espresso cups and serve immediately, or use in Espresso Drinks like a latte, cappuccino, macchiato, and more.
- Category: Coffee
- Method: French Press
- Cuisine: Coffee
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: French press espresso, how to make espresso with a french press