This Everything Bagel Pasta takes the magic of an Everything Bagel and puts it into delicious dinner form. It takes only 15 minutes to make this simple vegetarian dinner recipe!
- 1 pound linguine pasta, gluten-free if desired
- 1/2 cup full-fat cream cheese (1/2 block)
- Scant 1/4 cup Everything Bagel Seasoning, or the following:
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes (minced onion)
- 2 teaspoons dried garlic flakes (minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- Optional garnishes: Green onion, Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 11 minutes (refer to the package instructions). Using a glass liquid measuring cup, reserve 1 1/2 cups of the hot pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- Return the pasta to the pot. Add the cream cheese (broken into dollops), sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion flakes, garlic flakes, and sea salt. Pour in about 3/4 cup of the pasta water and toss until a creamy sauce forms; add a bit of additional water as necessary to come to a creamy consistency. Serve immediately, garnished with additional salt if desired (depending on how much pasta water is added). The pasta is best served immediately. It becomes a bit sticky as it sits; if desired, you can reheat it in the serving pot and add a bit more pasta water and salt. Next day leftovers will have a stickier consistency.
Optional garnishes: for a “scallion cream cheese” variation, add thinly sliced green onion tops; for a sophisticated variation, add a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Everything Bagel Pasta, Everything Bagel Seasoning, Vegetarian Pasta, Vegetarian Dinner, Quick Dinner Recipe, Fast Dinner Recipe, Easy Pasta Recipes