This Everything Bagel Pasta takes the magic of an Everything Bagel and puts it into delicious dinner form. It takes only 15 minutes to make this simple vegetarian dinner recipe!
- 1 pound linguine pasta, gluten-free if desired
- 1/2 cup full-fat cream cheese (1/2 block)
- Scant 1/4 cup Everything Bagel Seasoning, or the following:
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes (minced onion)
- 2 teaspoons dried garlic flakes (minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- Optional garnishes: Green onion, Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 11 minutes (refer to the package instructions). Using a glass liquid measuring cup, reserve 1 1/2 cups of the hot pasta water, then drain the pasta.
Return the pasta to the pot. Add the cream cheese (broken into dollops), sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion flakes, garlic flakes, and sea salt. Pour in about 3/4 cup of the pasta water and toss until a creamy sauce forms; add a bit of additional water as necessary to come to a creamy consistency. Serve immediately, garnished with additional salt if desired (depending on how much pasta water is added). The pasta is best served immediately. It becomes a bit sticky as it sits; if desired, you can reheat it in the serving pot and add a bit more pasta water and salt. Next day leftovers will have a stickier consistency.
Optional garnishes: for a “scallion cream cheese” variation, add thinly sliced green onion tops; for a sophisticated variation, add a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Everything Bagel Pasta, Everything Bagel Seasoning, Vegetarian Pasta, Vegetarian Dinner, Quick Dinner Recipe, Fast Dinner Recipe, Easy Pasta Recipes