You may not have thought cornbread was life changing…until now. This tender, moist vegan cornbread tastes the Jiffy box, but 100 times tastier.
- 1 1/2 cup medium grind cornmeal (fine grind also works)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Use coconut oil to liberally grease a 9 x 9″ pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and sugar.
- Whisk together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a liquid measuring cup. Melt the coconut oil, then pour both the almond milk and coconut oil into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes until the center has firmed up and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan completely, about 30 minutes. Then run a knife around the edges and invert. Cut into 16 squares and serve. Store any leftovers at room temperature covered with a towel for about 3 days, or in a sealed container at room temperature for about 5 days.
- Category: Baked
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cornbread Recipe, Vegan Cornbread, Vegan Cornbread Recipe