This soba noodle bowl is a quick and easy dinner recipe, perfect for weeknights! It’s a filling vegetarian meal full of healthy veggies.
- 10 ounces soba noodles (or zucchini noodles)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion (1 cup chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (1 cup chopped)
- 1 large head broccoli
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter)
- Sriracha hot sauce, to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds, for the garnish
- Start a pot of water to boil. Boil the soba noodles according to the package instructions (it should take about 4 minutes). When it’s done, drain. Then rinse with cold water to wash away the starch, and drain again.
- While the starts to boil, mince the garlic. Chop the onion. Chop the pepper into 1-inch squares. Chop the broccoli into florets.
- While the noodles cook, heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, onion, bell pepper, and broccoli. Cover the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soften, about 6 minutes.
- Strain the soba noodles and add them to the vegetables in the skillet.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet and mix well, breaking up the yolk and white and cooking it into the vegetables and noodles.
- Once the egg starts the set, add the coconut aminos or soy sauce and peanut butter and mix well. Serve warm.
Reprinted with permission from Just The Good Stuff. Copyright © 2020 by Rachel Mansfield Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Soba Noodle Bowl, Soba Stir Fry, Noodle Stir Fry