You haven’t lived until you’ve tried cedar plank salmon! This easy method of grilling on a wooden plank infuses a smoky flavor that’s absolutely irresistible.
- Salmon fillets (any size, preferably skin on — 4 ounces per person)
- Homemade Seasoned Salt (or purchased seasoned salt)
- 1 lemon
- Optional: chopped fresh herbs for garnish
- Soak the cedar plank in water based on the instructions that came with the plank, or at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat (you can use either gas or charcoal; a charcoal grill will infuse more flavor if you have it!).
- Lay the salmon on top of the cedar plank (if you’re re-using a plank, always lay the food on the un-burned side). Season liberally with seasoning salt (or with kosher salt and salmon seasoning).
- Place the plank on the grill and grill using indirect heat (not on top of coals) until salmon is pink in the center but before it gets flaky, about 10 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon and the heat of the grill.
- Remove from the grill and squeeze with lemon juice. Note that you can clean off the cedar plank with a spatula and wash it: then you can use it again and again (until it’s overly charred or impossible to clean).
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cedar Plank Salmon, Grilled Salmon, How to cook salmon, Cedar Plank