As dip for fruit and pretzels, this dark chocolate hummus is a surprising hit at parties and showers. It’s perfect for entertaining!
- 15-ounce can chickpeas (1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup tahini*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave syrup, to taste
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (Dutch process or dark chocolate, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Drain the chickpeas into a glass measuring cup and reserve.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, tahini, maple or agave syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, kosher salt, and 2 tablespoons water or the water from the chickpea can (aquafaba). Puree for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl. Taste; if necessary, add a bit more syrup to your liking. Add additional 1 to 2 tablespoons water and puree again to come to a creamy consistency. Store refrigerated for 7 to 10 days.
- Serve with pretzels, pineapple, green apple slices, and strawberries.
*Use peanut butter for a fun variation!
Nutrition info calculated based on about 3 tablespoons per serving.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert hummus, chocolate hummus