This crustless quiche with spinach is an easy recipe that’s perfect for brunch! The savory flavor will impress everyone.
- 10 to 12 ounces frozen spinach*
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper (from a jar), plus more for topping
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9” round pie dish.
- Place the spinach in a colander and let warm water run over it until it is thawed, about 1 minute (some brands take a bit more effort to defrost: you can also use a microwave if necessary). Then use your hands to squeeze out as much excess liquid as you can.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Then stir in the oregano, salt, garlic powder, cottage cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, spinach, and roasted red pepper. Add a few grinds of fresh ground black pepper if you like.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle the top with a few tablespoons of additional chopped roasted red pepper.
- Bake the quiche for 25 to 30 minutes, until set in the center and golden around the edges. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving. (Storage info: This saves well! Store refrigerated for up to 5 days: you can eat it cold, room temp, or re-warm it. Try it in a sandwich!)
*Note: To customize the mix-ins in this recipe, substitute about 1 to 1 1/2 cups mix-ins for the spinach. Try finely chopped sauteed broccoli, ham or bacon, caramelized onions, roasted peppers and onions or sautéed peppers, sauteed mushrooms, and so forth. You’ll want the veggies on the done side when you saute them, so they don’t release too much moisture while baking.
- Category: Brunch
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Brunch
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Crustless quiche, crustless quiche recipe, crustless spinach quiche