This cranberry martini is a fun and refreshing spin on the vodka martini starring cranberry juice, Cointreau and lemon!
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) vodka**
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) 100% cranberry juice (not sweetened*)
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup or maple syrup*
- Granulated or superfine sugar, for the rim (optional)
- For the garnish: fresh cranberries, lemon wedge
- Cut a notch in a lemon wedge, then run the lemon around the rim of a martini glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of superfine sugar.
- Place the vodka, cranberry juice, Cointreau, lemon juice, and syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake 15 seconds until cold.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail or martini glass. Garnish with cranberries and a lemon wedge and serve.
*If all you can find is sweetened cranberry juice, use half the simple syrup quantity (or add it to taste).
**How to make 8 drinks for a crowd: In a pitcher, mix together 1 cup vodka, 1 cup 100% cranberry juice, 1/2 cup Cointreau, 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, and 5 tablespoons simple syrup. Add 3 handfuls of ice and stir until cold. Pour into glasses and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cranberry martini