This cottage cheese pancakes recipe is the best genius trick! It makes a protein packed pancake that tastes like French toast.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups small curd* cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cottage cheese, maple syrup and vanilla (if you see very large clumps of cottage cheese, try to break them up or smash them with a fork).
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. Add it to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat, then add a bit of butter to coat. Scoop out 1/4 cup portions of batter and cook the pancakes until golden brown on one side, adjusting the heat so it doesn’t brown too fast. Flip and cook until cooked through and no longer gooey at the edges (the batter will ooze out a bit at the sides; just keep cooking until it is fully cooked, adjusting the heat as necessary so it doesn’t brown too fast). Place the pancakes in a stack under an overturned bowl, and cook the second batch of pancakes.
- Serve immediately, topped with pure maple syrup.
*Small curd cottage cheese is important for getting the right texture where the cheese melts into the pancake. Some brands labeled as “small curd” have fairly large curds, so the size varies based on brand. Experiment and find a brand that works for you! But don’t sweat it too much: you can make this recipe with any size curds, you just may end up with an appearance with some white flecks.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Cottage cheese pancakes, Cottage cheese pancakes recipe