This baba ganoush recipe is so creamy and delicious! A classic Lebanese eggplant dip, it’s perfect for appetizer spreads or healthy snacking.
- 2 pounds eggplant (1 large or 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, loosely packed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- For the topping: Olive oil, chopped walnuts, pomegranate seeds, torn parsley leaves, smoked paprika, etc
- Roast the eggplant*: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Poke the eggplant all over with a fork to speed up the cooking process and put it on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggplant is easily pierced with a knife. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Blend the baba ganoush: Once the eggplant is cool enough to handle, slice the eggplant in half and scrape out the insides into a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, removing large portions of seeds as you can (this minimizes any bitterness from the seeds). Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt, cumin and smoked paprika. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds. With the motor running, pour in the olive oil and process for another 30 seconds or until light and fluffy.
- Serve: Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with desired toppings. Serve with pita chips or pita bread. Leftovers store up to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature when serving.
*Traditionally eggplant for baba ganoush is grilled, which infuses a distinct smoky flavor. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit). Place the eggplant directly on the grill grates and grill for about 25 to 45 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred and tender and the eggplant shape collapses. Then go to step 2.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Baba ganoush, Baba ganoush recipe