This homemade cinnamon ice cream with apple cider reduction is a cozy, healthy dessert recipe that’s full of comforting spices. It’s also naturally vegan!
For the homemade cinnamon ice cream
- 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- 14-ounce can light coconut milk, refrigerated
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
For the apple cider reduction & to serve
- 3 cups apple cider
- Pecan pieces, if desired
- Make the homemade cinnamon ice cream: In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk and maple syrup.
- With a sharp knife, cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds with a knife, then add them to the bowl with the coconut milk and maple. Add the cinnamon and kosher salt and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker (make sure the mixture is cold before freezing). Eat the ice cream right away for a soft serve texture, or freeze it for about 2 hours for a harder texture.
- Meanwhile, make the apple cider reduction: In a saucepan, heat the apple cider over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil and boil for 30 to 35 minutes until starts to thickens and becomes caramel in color, but before burning or solidifying. Watch carefully in the last 10 minutes to ensure the proper timing. Pour into a separate container and allow to cool (it will thicken as it cools). Re-heat prior to serving if necessary.
- To serve, top the cinnamon ice cream with apple cider reduction and if desired, top with pecan pieces.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cinnamon Ice Cream, Homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream, Apple Cider Reduction, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten Free,