The Christmas margarita is the best holiday drink! This brilliant cranberry spin is irresistible and perfect for festivities.
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) tequila blanco or reposado**
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) 100% cranberry juice (not sweetened)*
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) simple syrup or maple syrup,* or more to taste
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt, for the rim (optional)
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice)
- For the garnish: cranberries, rosemary sprig
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of salt (or for a festive look, use Margarita Salt).
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. Shake until cold. Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with ice, garnish with cranberries and a rosemary sprig, and serve.
*If all you can find is sweetened cranberry juice, use half the simple syrup quantity (or add to taste).
**To make a pitcher of 8 servings, mix together in a pitcher: 1 1/2 cups tequila, 1 1/2 cups 100% unsweetened cranberry juice, 1 cup Cointreau, 1/2 cup lime juice, and 1/2 cup simple syrup. Add three handfuls of ice and stir until cold. Pour into individual glasses.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Christmas margarita