This deli-style chive cream cheese is bursting with fresh flavor! Mix up a batch to slather on bagels, sandwiches and more.
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt or 1/2 tablespoon milk, to soften (optional)
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened. Leave it out at room temperature for 1 hour, or place it on a plate in the microwave, cook 5 seconds, flip over the block of cheese and cook another 5 seconds. (If it’s not room temperature at this point, cook another few seconds, but air on the conservative side.)
- Chop the chives. Mix everything together in a bowl, adding a little Greek yogurt, milk or sour cream 1 tablespoon at a time if you’d like a fluffier, more spreadable texture (we used 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt).
- Whipped alternative: Make whipped cream cheese by adding 1/2 tablespoon milk and whipping the cream cheese in a food processor or stand mixer. Then add the chopped herbs and pulse until combined.
- Category: Spread
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Spread
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Chive cream cheese